Sunday, August 18, 2013

Excerpts from my first handwritten letter home.

August 8, 2013

"Dear Family;

I actually miss you guys. I didn't think I would, but I do!

I love it here! The first day was cool. Jumped right into Creole! I'm loving the language, have to teach a lesson with my companion Elder Jackson, all in Creole tomorrow morning! I am writing this on my bed using my iPod as a light.

This place is actually way intense! Today was so long !!! I'm stoked for the rest of it though.

Max, don't slay too many Zombies without me! Send me stuff, just like whatever. I don't even care, I'm just having tons of fun! I will send you pics and a more general e-mail on Monday (the 12th).

I love you all so much. But I also love the work, even though it is hard! Gotta sleep though.

P.S. Jonny and Jesse room in my building! I see them every single day! Crazy!

Love you all; Max the most!"

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment